Tytera MD380 programming cable procedures

Quote:
Originally Posted by DodgeGuy

Hey everybody... I'm new to the Ham world... I purchased my first radio which is the TYT MD380... I'm having problems programing it. The USB cable doesn't seem to be working when I try to read from radio or write to radio... Any help would be awesome. Thanks!
I don't really recommend plugging in the cable while the radio is turned on. Here is my (safe) procedure:
  1. Start Tytera MD380 software
  2. Plug in USB cable
  3. Plug in MD-380 while OFF
  4. Turn on MD-380 (should hear a boop from the computer that it's linked)
  5. Write to MD-380's memory
  6. Turn off MD-380
  7. Unplug cable

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Did you first install the driver before connecting the radio to the computer?

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments, Comments may take a day to show up

A discussion group about this subject.

Digital Ham Radio / Amateur Radio
DigitalHamRADIO@groups.io
https://groups.io/g/DigitalHamRADIO

Amateur Radio Users Support Group
AmateurRadio@groups.io
https://groups.io/g/AmateurRadio

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.