Capacity Plus Scanning with Experimental MD-380 Firmware
Scanning a 4 channel Capacity Plus system with a MD-380. This was with
the experimental software that allows the radio to listen to any DMR
traffic heard. I have set up one channel as a scan channel.
This firmware allows the radio to pick up DMR traffic without the correct color code as well.
Setting up a scan channel
1. Create your channels for the system, valid frequencies and time slots.
2. Add them all to a scan list.
3. Add another channel with a little used frequency(this can be anything)
4. Add a random DPL to that channel(gain can be anything)
5. Turn on Auto-Scan, with the scan list that has the system channels in the radio selected
You should now have a system scan channel, all you need to do is go to that channel in the radio and you are now scanning.
Experimental and other firmware for the MD-380 is available here
More information on the MD-380 Firmware